PLEASE FIND ATTACHMENTS FOR OMSAI.COM DETAILS
Certified firms in the 8(a) program can:
- Efficiently compete and receive set-aside and sole-source contracts
- Receive one-on-one business development assistance for their nine-year term from dedicated Business Opportunity Specialists focused on helping firms grow and accomplish their business objectives
- Pursue opportunity for mentorship from experienced and technically capable firms through the SBA Mentor- program
- Connect with procurement and compliance experts who understand regulations in the context of business growth, finance, and government contracting
- Pursue joint ventures with established businesses to increase capacity
- Qualify to receive federal surplus property on a priority basis
- Receive free training from SBA’s 7(j) Management and Technical Assistance program
The 8(a) certification qualifies your business as eligible to compete for the program’s sole-source and competitive set-aside contracts. The government authorizes sole-source contracts to 8(a) participants for up to $7.5 million for acquisitions assigned manufacturing North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes and $4.5 million for all other acquisitions. Entity-owned 8(a) program participants are eligible for sole-source contracts above these thresholds, but the Department of Defense requires approval of a formal justification if the 8(a) sole-source contract exceeds $100 million; all other federal agencies require approval for sole-source 8(a) contract actions that exceed $25 million.
8(a) program participants are eligible to compete for contract awards under other socio-economic programs or small business set-asides they qualify for.